Lets Visit Gateway Arch

I went to Gateway Arch today! April fools! It was only in VR which stands for virtual reality. Mrs. Minicozzi came to our class with a wagon full of virtual reality viewers. We had partners and when Mrs. Yollis wanted us to look at something she would make an arrow pop up on our screen and circle what she wanted us to see. She was a great VR tour guide.

It was amazing because there was this giant metal arch. I guess that explains the name. The Gateway Arch stands on the west of bank Mississippi River. It was designed by Eero Saarinen He started it in 1948 and finished in 1965.

A lot of pioneers passed through the city before settling the western territory of the United States. Ii was named for Thomas Jefferson he bout a large area of western land in the Louisiana Purchase.

Have you ever been to Gateway Arch?

If so what was your favorite thing you saw?

3 thoughts on “Lets Visit Gateway Arch

1. Hi Ham,
    Another site , I have actually been to! I went on vacation to the mid-west with my mom as few years back and we decided to visit this landmark. It was an interesting experience, because she is very afraid of heights and I almost didn’t get her up there. She was able to overcome her fear, and loved the view once I got her to open her eyes!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Mrs. C

2. Ham,

Thanks for sharing about your virtual visit to the Gateway Arch. I have never been to see it. Maybe someday we will visit it.

Which other places you visited via virtual reality? Once I visited California Grape Orchards via virtual reality and had fun.

It seems that you have awesome teachers and you enjoy learning. Keep up the good work.

Best wishes.

Mrs. Trivedi-Ziemba
    Student Blogging Challenge Commenter, USA

• Thank you Mrs Trivedi-Ziemba for your complement and we we also visited the grand canyon. How was your visit to California Grape Orchards? I’m so sorry it took this long for me to reply.